Candlelight Health & Safety Policies
- Candlelight prioritizes the health and safety of our staff, artists, and audiences.
- Patrons attending all Candlelight events must read and agree to the following rules and expectations:
- All policies are subject to change; all events are subject to postponement or cancellation.
- Candlelight will adhere to national, state, local, and venue policies affecting public health and safety.
Venue Specific Policies
Smith Theater, Howard Community College
- Masks are currently optional, but encouraged
- No social distancing rules currently in effect (subject to change)
Linehan Hall, UMBC
All attendees must agree to UMBC Rules and Expectations:
Each attendee / Invitee should complete a COVID-19 self-assessment before arriving at the event, per the COVID-19 Self-Assessment Checklist below:
Are you experiencing any of the following Symptoms?
- A fever greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- A cough
- Any shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Any repeated shaking with chills
- Any muscle pain that differs from any chronic pain
- A persistent headache
- A sore throat
- A new loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you are experiencing any one of the above symptoms or if you suspect that you could have COVID-19, please stay at home.
- Physical distancing–all attendees / Invitees must maintain 3 ft of distance between other guests at all times.
- Face coverings must be worn by attendees / Invitees at all times–a face covering myst cover nose and mouth. (Face covering can be removed only when eating or drinking).
- Eating and drinking are only allowed at an attendee's / Invitee's seat or in designated dinning location(s).
- No gathering / loitering in common spaces by attendees / Invitees per posted signage.
- Attendees / Invitees must follow signage located throughout the facility, inclusive of the directions for pathways.
- Attendees / Invitees must follow capacity restrictions moted at the entrance of each elevator and at each restroom.