CANDLELIGHT PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY (COVID-19) POLICIES
- Candlelight prioritizes the health and safety of our staff, artists, and audiences.
- Patrons attending all Candlelight events must read and agree to the following rules and expectations:
- All policies are subject to change; all events are subject to postponement or cancellation.
- Candlelight will adhere to national, state, local, and venue policies affecting public health and safety.
Venue Specific Policies
Linehan Concert Hall, UMBC
All attendees must agree to UMBC Rules and Expectations:
1. Each attendee / Invitee should complete a COVID-19 self-assessment before arriving at the event, per the COVID-19 Self-Assessment Checklist below:
Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
• A fever greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
• A cough
• Any shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Any repeated shaking with chills
• Any muscle pain that differs from any chronic pain
• A persistent headache
• A sore throat
• A new loss of taste or smell
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
If you are experiencing any one of the above symptoms or if you suspect that you could have COVID-19, please stay at home.
2. Physical distancing – all attendees / Invitees must maintain 3 ft of distance between other guests at all times.
3. Face coverings must be worn by attendees / Invitees at all times – a face covering myst cover nose and mouth. (Face covering can be removed only when eating or drinking).
4. Eating and drinking are only allow at an attendee’s / Invitee’s seat or in designated dinning location(s).
5. No gathering / loitering in common spaces by attendees / Invitees per posted signage.
6. Attendees / Invitees must follow signage located throughout the facility, inclusive of the directions for pathways.
7. Attendees / Invitees must follow capacity restrictions moted at the entrance of each elevator and at each restroom.
CANDLELIGHT LIABILTY WAIVER:
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS: RELEASE AND WAIVER. I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST CANDLELIGHT CONCERT SOCIETY, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE ACTIVITY.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK: All attendees acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
2. Attendees knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
3. Attendees hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm, and loss associated with the Activity, including any injury, harm, and loss caused by the negligence, fault, or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
4. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of attending the event I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Released Parties from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Don’t miss out on any of our upcoming concerts and events. Sign up with your email address to receive weekly news and updates.