CANDLELIGHT PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY (COVID-19) POLICIES
- Candlelight prioritizes the health and safety of our staff, artists, and audiences.
- Patrons attending all Candlelight events must read and agree to the following rules and expectations:
- All policies are subject to change; all events are subject to postponement or cancellation.
- Candlelight will adhere to national, state, local, and venue policies affecting public health and safety.
Venue Specific Policies
Smith Theater, Howard Community College
- Face masks are encouraged but not required in door
- No social distancing rules currently in effect
CANDLELIGHT LIABILTY WAIVER:
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS: RELEASE AND WAIVER. I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST CANDLELIGHT CONCERT SOCIETY, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE ACTIVITY.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK: All attendees acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
2. Attendees knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
3. Attendees hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm, and loss associated with the Activity, including any injury, harm, and loss caused by the negligence, fault, or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
4. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of attending the event I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Released Parties from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Don’t miss out on any of our upcoming concerts and events. Sign up with your email address to receive weekly news and updates.