- Mozart: Fantasie No. 3 in D minor, K397
- Sweelinck: Fantasia chromatica SwWV 258
- Mozart: Fantasie in C minor, K475
- Andrei Volkonsky: Musica Stricta
- Mozart: Fantasie in F
- C.P.E. Bach: Fantasia in C major, Wq 59/6
- Mozart: Fantasie in C minor KV. 396
- Beethoven: Fantasia, Op. 77
- George Benjamin: Fantasy on Iambic Rhythm
Considered a “brilliant musician and an extraordinary visionary” (Wall Street Journal), French pianist Pierre-Laurent Aimard enjoys an internationally celebrated career. As a master performer of Beethoven, Aimard recorded Beethoven’s entire catalogue of piano concertos and both the “Hammerklavier” Sonata and “Eroica Variations.”
Your musical imagination will stretch with an evening of fantasias, pieces rooted in improvisation and the abandonment of strict musical form. Ranging from anguished to jovial, the range of emotional and musical colors is a highlight of this program. As a resident artist he has appeared at Carnegie Hall, New York’s Lincoln Center, Vienna’s Konzerthaus, Frankfurt’s Alte Oper, and the Lucerne Festival.
LIVESTREAM TICKETS: $20; Livestream will be available during the concert and for 2 weeks following.